Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Deer Valley NB trip  (Read 272 times)

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
Deer Valley NB trip
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:09:00 AM »

For those that can't make the Rubicon trip or anyone ready for more, see you around 10:30 Sept 15  (weather permitting). This is a Sunday trail ride so you can camp for free the night before. We will be starting at the Hermit Valley CG / trail-head on HWY 4 and exiting to HWY 88. Your vehicle will need pretty good ground clearance and maybe one locker. There are some rock gardens to negotiate and the trail is a little more difficult than in years past. Leave a reply if you intend to join us so we know what headcount to expect.  :thumbsup:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Deer Valley NB trip
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »

For those that can't make the Rubicon trip or anyone ready for more, see you around 10:30 Sept 15  (weather permitting). This is a Sunday trail ride so you can camp for free the night before. We will be starting at the Hermit Valley CG / trail-head on HWY 4 and exiting to HWY 88. Your vehicle will need pretty good ground clearance and maybe one locker. There are some rock gardens to negotiate and the trail is a little more difficult than in years past. Leave a reply if you intend to join us so we know what headcount to expect.  :thumbsup:

I'll be in Virginia City NV on my motorcycle.  :2thumbsup:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:40:32 PM »

341 and 431 are great roads for bikes. Be watchful of cars over the center line. Bikes have even had head on's up there. Have fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:23:09 PM »

I'll be riding with 22 other bikes. And though I'm not sure what the exact route we're taking, it does not involve freeways. :2thumbsup:
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »

Just saw this..... so not enough notice, plus I'd be rolling in there at like 2 am to try and meet up after work.

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »

Just saw this..... so not enough notice, plus I'd be rolling in there at like 2 am to try and meet up after work.
No big deal. Just thought I'd let people know in case there was interest. Two Beers and I will be up there, we might have a couple more from over here.  :thumbsup:

andyinCopper

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »

If I have my jeep fixed by then, and I can convince my wife to let me go I might make it up with my boy. 
1990 wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI, 3sp Auto, D30 E-locker front, 8.8 with trac-lok rear. np231. about 4" of lift. 33" BFG KM2s, SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft. □|||||||□

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 04:41:46 PM »

It's funny, my group is heading home through Carson Pass on Sunday. Hwy 88 to MET. I'll probably pass by before you get off the trail though.

andyinCopper

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »

I think I'll make this trip. Sounds like it'll be fun.
1990 wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI, 3sp Auto, D30 E-locker front, 8.8 with trac-lok rear. np231. about 4" of lift. 33" BFG KM2s, SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft. □|||||||□

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »

Glad to hear it. Looks like it will be just Two Beers (Mark) and me (Doug) with passengers. We will wait at the trailhead. Was that you that joined us last year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Trip Report:
MapQuest said 1:45 from my house and was right on the money. We arrived at 9:45am and waited one hour for Andy. I left a note on the sign post with CB channel and ham frequency then we headed up the trail. Guess no-one made it because we would have been in range for quite a while. We took all the harder lines and had a great time. (left choice was usually the tougher way) We came up on a stock Tahoe coming in from Blue Lakes. Poor old guy was seriously high-centered. He was exhausted from stacking rocks. I squeezed past and winched him through this rough spot. Great trail ride.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:14:25 PM by Screaming Bear »