Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: First Time Off Road!!  (Read 503 times)

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
First Time Off Road!!
« on: October 20, 2019, 08:27:35 PM »

Ok, so it was only at Prairie City but it was my first time actually going into 4LO and doing some light off roading. :D I took a friend of mine and we had a great time.

Now I am getting a winch ready so I can actually hit some mountain trails. :D 

My very first "flex" pic. LOL

Found a little bit bigger rock. :D

We did find one small mud puddle and I had to go through it a few times. Got a little dirty. :D

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Re: First Time Off Road!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »

Awesome my Lil Purple Cousin.......

You will be ready for the upcoming snow trip in no time

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »

Awesome my Lil Purple Cousin.......

You will be ready for the upcoming snow trip in no time

I might just join you guys this time. As long as a stock height Jeep is ok. I am currently working on getting my winch set up. I mounted it to the hitch mount I bought on Sat. Now I just need to figure out how we are going to make it work with my current bull bar. I may have to lose it, but not sure yet.

Anyway, I got new tires so that won't be an issue this year. So only other thing I can think might stop me from going, is if it is cold! LOL  :D

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:59:23 PM »

It won't be cold, because you'll have your soft top on, and you have a heater.  :2thumbsup:

My Jeep had a bull bar when I first bought it. When I got the winch, I figured that if I did some tweaking, I could probably fit it in there. But personally I never liked the bull bar, so I removed it and sold it.

Don't worry about getting stuck, we'll always get you out. No one is left behind. And if CJ-5 Renegade can do it so can you.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »

It won't be cold, because you'll have your soft top on, and you have a heater.  :2thumbsup:

My Jeep had a bull bar when I first bought it. When I got the winch, I figured that if I did some tweaking, I could probably fit it in there. But personally I never liked the bull bar, so I removed it and sold it.

Don't worry about getting stuck, we'll always get you out. No one is left behind. And if CJ-5 Renegade can do it so can you.

I'm not to worried about having to lose the bull bar. I really didn't care for how it looked on the TJ. I bought it for the Liberty I  took it off when I traded it in. I figured I had it, so might as well use it. LOL

I have found a bar that goes on top of the stock bumper and I will probably get it if I can't get the current set up to work. The bar I found is for holding lights and that is what I would need to keep my light bar. I just need to make sure it will fit over the receiver hubby welded on top of the bumper.

I may go with you all. Sounds like fun and I kind of wanted to do it last year but my tires were bald. LOL Would have been just sitting and spinning in the snow. :D

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 07:38:36 PM »

[/quote]

:flipoff:

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »

There is a way to mount it...... do some research........ HF has a great universal mounting plate........ fits all most perfectly in the stock location......

Even the best of the rigs gets stuck in the snow.... know your limits and don't be lead vehicle.....  Getting stuck is part of the fun and helping others get out is the other!!!!

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »

There is a way to mount it...... do some research........ HF has a great universal mounting plate........ fits all most perfectly in the stock location......

I have a universal bull bar on it and with the receiver that hubby welded on the bumper, the winch won't go between the bars of this particular bull bar.

Here is the winch mounted to the hitch mount.

It's just to big to go in the receiver on the bumper and not hit the bull bar.

That's ok though. I got to order something new for my TJ. I got a new guard coming. LOL I liked this one because you know, go big or don't go at all. :D We will have to weld tabs to the center bar to hold my light bar, but I like how big it is. :D

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 08:29:41 PM »

It is big. for sure......

Glad you like it  :thumbsup: