Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: MOAB 2020!  (Read 327 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
MOAB 2020!
« on: September 28, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »

I know none of you guys are really interested  :knock:, but I'm planning to head back to Moab spring of 2020.  Since I've been going it seems the weather is a little too unsettled and nighttime temps are colder than I'd like through April.  The first week of May seems to be about perfect as it's not too hot yet in the day and the nights aren't typically too cold.

With that being said I'd like to go the first ten days of May but Sean thinks work should take priority and can't make it then.  So, how would May 13-23/24 sound?  The only downside I see to those dates is the return drive is over Memorial Day weekend.

I know it's early but maybe we can get some dates hammered out this way and get to planning.

Mase58

Re: MOAB 2020!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 03:35:05 PM »

You know I'm in. I'll have 1 passenger. Perhaps a few others with their own rigs. :2thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers2:

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

I was planning on moab in 2020 around that same time, but it sounds like our plans are changing to Sand hollow instead.  ill figure out the details.
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 09:38:37 AM »

I would like to check that out at some point as well.  I heard that's getting to be a popular place to go. 

Varnish

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 01:48:23 PM »

Iíll watch this thread, canít commit yet but Iíve got a rig Iíd love to bring down there and wheel with you guys again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »

If  those dates work for Sean, then as far as I know, those dates work for me, too.  :thumbsup: That would be 3 rigs. I've been asking/telling people about it, but as of now I still have an empty seat. Larry 'might' want to go, but too early. Most likely Tim and I will have open seats.

Ran Swamp lake earlier this summer...pretty tough... but no carnage. But might need to rebuild a couple CA joints. Lots of noise. And my caster is waaaaay off. Wondering if that is part of it? Prolly work on that next week. Had knee surgery and still a bit gimpy.

My buddy Dave wants to go... seems work always gets in the way. We'll see. He wants to bring his Ford Raptor. I told him he better get a heavy rear bumper and some kind of sliders/rockers... me thinks he'll need them!   :knock:

Will, stop playing with all those 2wd cars and focus on the Jeep!  :biggrin:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

Is that the same guy that brought a Raptor before?

Dan mentioned going.  He's got a 5th wheel so if he brings that he may not be able to bring his Jeep. 

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »

^Yup, same guy. He wants to bring his daughter this time... his youngest. (18)   I was planning on camping to save a couple bucks, but he may want to share the Motel again? We'll see.

Here's another thought. Leave Moab a couple days early and spend a couple days in Sand Hollow. It's on my way home and the rest of you can just shoot up 95 @ Vegas to go home. Thoughts?? :knock: :dunno:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:40:16 PM by RockWoRM »
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Mase58

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 02:48:55 AM »

I'm good for whatever we choose.

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 08:42:05 AM »

As you know, I said 15 trips to Moab was enough for me. Grace says "who are you kidding, you're going". She knows me well. I'm sure by spring I'll be itching to go. Sooooo, maybe.
I might try a pair of those Explorer springs up front to soften the ride. I can't let it flex too much with short drive shafts though. I will have to test the setup in Moab, right?
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »

Well, Doug, if we were to try out Sand Hollow, you could count that as #1.   :biggrin:

Maybe go there first so all you guys would have the usual straight shot home after Moab??

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 06:15:05 PM »

If we were to go to Sand Hollow, we could take 95 from Vegas to Tonopah then hit 376 to Kingston (or just push through).