Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: MOAB 2020!  (Read 1875 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: MOAB 2020!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 11:36:50 AM »

Sean is gone to OR elk hunting, I think pushing it back a week is best.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »

Sean is gone to OR elk hunting, I think pushing it back a week is best.

K, so we'd be talking the 20th thru 30th or so? Instead of 13 -22??
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »

K, so we'd be talking the 20th thru 30th or so? Instead of 13 -22??

Yeah

Sean can't do the first week of May because of a training he has to attend, so I figured the week of the 13th but Dan can't do that week and said a week earlier or later would be better.  The only thing I see scheduled in Moab during that time is a Nissan Offroad event from the 19th to the 24th.  I don't imagine they would be anymore impactful than the Rover group, likely not even as big as the Bronco group either.

The only thing is we start getting toward the end of the school year pushing to the end of May and then people might start getting committed to other family things....

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »

If I do end up going, it doesn't matter when. You decide.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

Varnish

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »

If I do end up going, it doesn't matter when. You decide.

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 04:11:15 PM »

K. I just remembered that last week in May is our anniversary. 28th.  So I'll have to bug out prudy early... like prolly Tuesday some time.
I can leave earlier the prior week if anyone else can go earlier?  :dunno:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 05:46:02 AM »

Talked to my friend Dave and he can only get a week off work. So the last week doesn't really work out if I had to bug out Tuesday. 3rd week makes more sense  Since Dan hasn't chimed in lately... can he do the 3rd week??

Mase58

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 09:39:43 AM »

With that class at the end of April and a possible trip to Boston at the beginning of June, May 13-24 does work best for me. If that's when we do it I hope Dan can make it work.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

So Sean... get/see any Elk!?  :knock:

Yeah, the original dates work best for me also. But, maybe Dan can chime in on his plans? Sounded like he could only get the last 2 weeks of May off?? Maybe we could do 16-26 (or a little longer for the rest of you) if that would help??

Or... we all scrap those dates and go during EJS!!!    :rofl:  :rofl:

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 05:50:51 PM »

I can do the first and second week of May or the third and fourth week of May if I take the second and third week of May off that will end up give me the whole month off and I donít think my work can have me gone that long I work a 14 and seven schedule if that makes sense

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »

But like I said in my original post you guys I believe are more 100% committed I still am not still too far out to commit 100% so donít plan around me so much I will do what I can if you guys are locked in for those dates go for it.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »

What say you Tim?

If we stick to the original dates I'm wondering if Dan can do that 3rd week... if he does go.>? He mentioned taking 2 weeks, but does he have to... or only just take a week? Will and Dave are only doing a week b/c of work (3rd), and before I retired I usually only did a week. Juz wondering.    :cheers:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »

I think the original dates work the best for everyone, but I don't want to nix anyone out either.  I'll have an open seat so if Dan wanted to just make the trip for a week sans Jeep he could ride with me and we'll do all the crazy insane stuff then, you know like Widow Maker and the death launch on Moab Rim.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 04:40:34 PM »

, you know like Widow Maker and the death launch on Moab Rim.
:rofl:   :rofl:
 I could say something, but I won't.  :biggrin:

Anywho, since it sounds like we're set on the dates... did you want to start a thread on JF? IIRC the guys from Co. usually went these dates, where we were always earlier. Maybe we can hook up this time?

I may too, have a empty seat now and again... if Dave dares to test the Raptor! Also thinking about pulling the hard top for this run. I have a bone to pick with the Pickle!!! 

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2019, 05:44:58 PM »

A week sounds fine, Iíll see what I can do, as long as someone can save me a spot. A week will probably go over better with both bosses anyway. Work and home 😝

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »

Timing is everything for the spots.  I think we're gonna try and stay in the middle "RV" section this year since the camp host was a bit miffed we took all the "tent" sites last year.  Mid-week arrival is best, but if there's a spot on a Wednesday and you expect to arrive Thursday we can snag one.

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »

Are you planning to push to that same exit on 70 or was that too much driving? Wasn't that Wed night and we checked into Ken's on Thurs morning. This year a day earlier? Cool with me (if I go).  ;D
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2019, 08:08:43 AM »

Are you planning to push to that same exit on 70 or was that too much driving? Wasn't that Wed night and we checked into Ken's on Thurs morning. This year a day earlier? Cool with me (if I go).  ;D

That was a good way to go, just need to leave here a bit earlier.  I like being closer in the morning for sure.  I'm cool with a day earlier too.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »

Yeah, I can leave a day earlier too.  :cheers2:

And if Dan is able to make it, I can get a spot with my geezer card @ half price which was only $10 last year. So if we had to hold it a couple/3 days it wouldn't be that much.  :cheers:

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2019, 01:29:11 PM »

So is the plan to leave on Wednesday and get there on Thursday?  Iím just trying to figure out what I can work out. Weather to go up with you guys and leave early or show up late and come home with you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4