Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: 9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip  (Read 524 times)

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip
« on: January 06, 2020, 08:58:24 AM »

Is there a date for this years event?
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: 9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet.  It's typically mid July, I think.

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »

Bring on the good weather. :2thumbsup:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »

Is there a date for this years event?

Well looking at the Rubicon calendar, The Jamboree has the weekends of July 24th and 31st taken already. The 16th through the 19th sounds good to me. But we can start talking about it now, before the other groups start thinking about it.

Doug why don't you plan your family time during the Jamboree?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

bigsquat

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 10:55:23 AM »

this year if i can get the steering worked out on my 53 ill be up there. if anyone that knows about steering and is every near georgetown or placerville and would give me advice , i would be in your debt

bigsquat

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »

I might of found the problem ,my caster is at zero degrees! Should be around 6 I think. That's top ball joint turned  back 6 degrees I think

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 12:51:50 PM »

Aren't you using a D30 from a YJ?  I didn't think those were adjustable except by relocating the perches.  I don't know for sure though.

bigsquat

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »

It's a d 30 out of a Cherokee I made sprung over. When we did yours I copied what you did with a level. But it didn't work for me . Spring perch mounts in a different location I guess. I have some steel 6degree shims , I'll weld them to the top of the perches. Hope putting the springs higher doesn't do where stuff with wrap. Not sure how the front is effected by doing that. I will probably need a double Cardin driveshaft. The angle will change  the pinion 6  degrees as well. How long before Ben shuts this tech down in the trip thread ?!!?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:54:31 PM by bigsquat »

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »

Eh, he'll let it ride a few more posts probably.  :biggrin:

Everyone says not to run shims on the front axle, I don't really understand why or if that's just internet myth like beadlocks are illegal type thing.  My D44 front wouldn't return to center and I wasn't going to cut the C's off so I put shims in to correct caster and have run it that way no problem for several years now.

bigsquat

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »

good to know thanks. it sounds weird but i was happy when i found the caster was off. i hope thats it

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 07:03:44 AM »

Eh, he'll let it ride a few more posts probably.  :biggrin:

Everyone says not to run shims on the front axle, I don't really understand why or if that's just internet myth like beadlocks are illegal type thing.  My D44 front wouldn't return to center and I wasn't going to cut the C's off so I put shims in to correct caster and have run it that way no problem for several years now.

Yep
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein