Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: MOAB 2020!  (Read 9739 times)

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
Re: MOAB 2020!
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »

IMHO Oct. might be chancing bad weather. Never know over there. And if I'm in a tent... that dog don't hunt.  :laughing:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »

IMHO Oct. might be chancing bad weather. Never know over there. And if I'm in a tent... that dog don't hunt.  :laughing:
Yes, Oct is a couple drops wetter and a touch cooler. Weather was perfect the time we went then. I was just listing my open dates and will join you if I can. I don't want to miss Pritchett if you do it.  :biggrin:
https://www.discovermoab.com/weather/
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2020, 11:08:02 PM »

The rain charts for the average of months can be deceiving. But having Deer hunted in those areas years ago, I know Oct. can be wetter... just depends of course. What caught my eye was the average LOW's. Suck for tents.
Although I did just get my backpacking 0* down bag the other day... need to test it.  :biggrin:
One other point… by end of summer most of us should be acclimated to the hotter weather and mid eighties may not seem so bad. When we go in May, we're not used to the warmer temps quite yet and 70's for sure is nicer. Freak'n hit the mid 90's here last week for a few days! Sucked! Back to normal now.  :cheers2:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2020, 08:11:58 AM »

Ken's Lake Group site shows available 5/26. Guessing that is the planned opening for the entire campground and probably other BLM in and around Moab. I noticed 5/22 and 6/1 opening for a couple of Sierra locations in which I have reservations. I am sure the closures could be extended if people ease off with social distancing and the virus spikes. It is spreading in my dumb-ass county.

Temps 87*/52*
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:16:52 AM by The Bear Whisperer »
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]