Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Snow Trip?  (Read 4996 times)

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
Re: Snow Trip?
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2020, 09:23:46 AM »

I was planning to go to airport flats Friday night and camp. Then wheel Saturday with a Vacaville group of about 5 jeeps.  Although my bro texted me and said his Jeep didnít start the AM.  Lol If he does not go.. I ainít camping and can meet yíall Saturday .. Otherwise , swing by and get me at the camp and I will roll with yíall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should be rolling in around 8am.  Im sure you will hear me
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »

I am in for Bloomfield. Any thoughts on a date? Feb 6-15 I will be in the Bahamas, just say n

Didn't this happen last year also? :shaking:

There's a big storm coming starting tonight through Thursday. But we still don't know what the snow accumulation is like up there. If we get a good report, maybe we could shoot for the 26th or Feb. 2nd.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »

Sounds like Chris and Daniel will have a first hand accounting of the conditions!   I just want to break the cherry on my Jeep.  I am thinking maybe a foot this storm.. from what I have seen.

Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 01:16:52 PM »

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »

Well, my arthritic shoulders and hips are pretty accurate. :). Yeah, that is a bit more than it was a few days ago.

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »

I have 3-4 rigs that are looking to go on Sat. they are just waiting to see what the storm does on Fri. If I have 8"-9" at my house in Nevada City we will probably do a more local run vs. WWS. I will post something on Friday. Also, this weekend might be the Winter Fun Fest up here. Although I (we) wouldn't be a part of their run it's always fun to go out and get in front of the slow moving train.

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2020, 10:06:37 AM »

I have 3-4 rigs that are looking to go on Sat. they are just waiting to see what the storm does on Fri. If I have 8"-9" at my house in Nevada City we will probably do a more local run vs. WWS. I will post something on Friday. Also, this weekend might be the Winter Fun Fest up here. Although I (we) wouldn't be a part of their run it's always fun to go out and get in front of the slow moving train.

Plan is a 7am meet at fresh pond.  So hoping to be at plow line before airport flats around 8am.  Winter fun fest is the following weekend. 24th

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »

Well that kind of sucks. With the Winter fun fest on the weekend of the 24th, That would leave Super Bowl Sunday.
Tim? Jason? anyone else?

On the positive side, there probably won't be anyone else up there.

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »

My bro and I will be at the meet Sat am.  We will likely stay at Airport Flats that night sampling various types of whiskey. I will be at the fun fest volunteering Sat.  If the niners are in the Super Bowl,  I am obligated to stay home and wear my lucky hat. 

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »

I work Saturdays and I don't care for snow.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:27 PM »

Well that kind of sucks. With the Winter fun fest on the weekend of the 24th, That would leave Super Bowl Sunday.
Tim? Jason? anyone else?

On the positive side, there probably won't be anyone else up there.

I can do Superbowl, my teams not in it...

Me and my buddy in his jeep

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:09 AM »

I don't care for snow.

Since when?

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »

Plan is a 7am meet at fresh pond.  So hoping to be at plow line before airport flats around 8am.  Winter fun fest is the following weekend. 24th

I'm working on guys right now. We would be coming from Grass Valley so we would just have to meet you at Airport Flat. Not going all the way to Fresh Pond.

Yes, WFF is next week. I work Sundays

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »

Since when?

He does tend to be a baby Vag. when it comes to snow. His tootsies get cold.

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »

Well I have confirmed 3 rigs possibly two more for tomorrow. We will be leaving Grass Valley around 7:30ish, collect one of the rigs in Georgetown and top off. We'll push to Airport Flat and hopefully meet up with you there. Guess that all depends on how long it takes everyone. Ultimately we are gonna try and get to WWS campground and have a BBQ.

Hopefully we'll all meet up.

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

...Hopefully we'll all meet up.
Don't you guys have radios? Ham test wasn't hard with a little studying, great coverage up there. I have a snow run above Virginia City tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »

All packed for camping in the snow....

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »

The snowmobile is ready

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »

Didn't this happen last year also? :shaking:

There's a big storm coming starting tonight through Thursday. But we still don't know what the snow accumulation is like up there. If we get a good report, maybe we could shoot for the 26th or Feb. 2nd.

Vacation was the same time last year..... I can do the 26th and/or the 2nd

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2020, 10:22:46 PM »

Thatís a beast Chris!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5