Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Snow Trip?  (Read 143 times)

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Snow Trip?
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:04:08 PM »

Anyone planning a trip any tie soon to play in the snow?  I would love to attend  :thumbsup: :usa:

Mase58

Re: Snow Trip?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »

Hopefully we'll get another run up here. I wont have time at all this month with work and family functions. After the New Year I'd like to. Tim will have to get over his being scared of colder weather and take a day off work.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:35 PM »

I am down

Count me and one other rig in!

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:17:29 AM »

We'll probably have to wait at least until next month, to get a few more storms in. We do want it to be challenging right?

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:38 AM »

I am probably down depending on date. Need to break er in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 07:30:35 PM »

Sounds good for right after the holidays/////  :cheers:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:06:34 PM »

I'm not scared of colder weather, but I'm not taking any days off to go play in the snow.  We can go on a Sunday.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »

And I'm not driving all the way up there when we have snow down here!   :flipoff:

:cheers2:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 10:59:59 AM »

And I'm not driving all the way up there when we have snow down here!   :flipoff:

:cheers2:

And before the thought comes to you, no we're not driving down there either.  :flipoff:

But if you want to start your own snow run, feel free.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »

I'll follow along, in this thread, LOL. I'm not going to say I will go for sure, but I'll think about it. I'm not into snow anymore. I like being all warm and fuzzy! :D

IF I decide to go, should I have chains? Obviously I have 4wd, but not sure if chains are something I should start looking for?

andyinCopper

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:49 PM »

Anywhere good on hwy 88 for snow? I don't trust my jeep to make it much farther than that.
1990 wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI, 3sp Auto, D30 E-locker front, 8.8 with trac-lok rear. np231. about 4" of lift. 33" BFG KM2s, SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft. □|||||||□

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 12:00:27 PM »

I'll follow along, in this thread, LOL. I'm not going to say I will go for sure, but I'll think about it. I'm not into snow anymore. I like being all warm and fuzzy! :D

IF I decide to go, should I have chains? Obviously I have 4wd, but not sure if chains are something I should start looking for?

You don't need chains. You'll want to air down a little, so a good compressor would be good. And what I mean about good, is one you don't run from the cigar lighter. It's something you should have anyway. :thumbsup:

Something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I/ref=zg_bs_155346011_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=26QEX1NTNQ3KT3K9B4TD

Oh, Jeez. Now this is going to turn into a compressor thread. :shaking:

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »

Anywhere good on hwy 88 for snow? I don't trust my jeep to make it much farther than that.

MET(Mormon Emigrant Trail) is supposed to be good. I haven't done it, but other guys here have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fGL4vweKQ

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »

You don't need chains. You'll want to air down a little, so a good compressor would be good. And what I mean about good, is one you don't run from the cigar lighter. It's something you should have anyway. :thumbsup:

Something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I/ref=zg_bs_155346011_16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=26QEX1NTNQ3KT3K9B4TD

Oh, Jeez. Now this is going to turn into a compressor thread. :shaking:

Cool. I have a compressor and it hooks to the battery. It successfully aired up my tires the last time I went wheelin'. :D

I also have a set of tire deflators.

I'm a full on 4 wheeler now you know? LOL :D

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 10:07:57 PM »

Cool. I have a compressor and it hooks to the battery. It successfully aired up my tires the last time I went wheelin'. :D

I also have a set of tire deflators.

I'm a full on 4 wheeler now you know? LOL :D

Sounds like your ready to hit the snow trail with us then........  :biggrin: