Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Snow Trip?  (Read 3089 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Snow Trip?
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »

Vacation was the same time last year..... I can do the 26th and/or the 2nd

I can go any day, but I was pushing Sunday for Tim. If he's not going, we could do the 1st, and maybe Sean would want to go?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Dieck

• Supporting Member
  • Beer me.
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »

It was a great weekend up there ! Met Chris/Daniel at fresh Pond. We all went to plow line.  Great turnout for that group.  I think they made it to Ellis Creek.

I splintered off and meet another group at Airport Flats .  It was slow going with that group of about 12 keeps. We got to WWS for lunch and ended up staying there for 4 hours

Sat was beautiful weather.  Sunday was warmer and blue skies . Was a bit over a foot of snow at plow line . Maybe two feet at WWS .  Chris mentioned snow was about 4 after Ellis Creek.

Here is the group at WWS

Some pretty deep slushy pits to get through ...

Camping at Airport Flats ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2020, 08:10:21 PM »

It was a great weekend up there ! Met Chris/Daniel at fresh Pond. We all went to plow line.  Great turnout for that group.  I think they made it to Ellis Creek.

I splintered off and meet another group at Airport Flats .  It was slow going with that group of about 12 keeps. We got to WWS for lunch and ended up staying there for 4 hours

Sat was beautiful weather.  Sunday was warmer and blue skies . Was a bit over a foot of snow at plow line . Maybe two feet at WWS .  Chris mentioned snow was about 4 after Ellis Creek.

Here is the group at WWS

Some pretty deep slushy pits to get through ...

Camping at Airport Flats ..

Looks like a great time.......

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2020, 08:11:30 PM »

I can go any day, but I was pushing Sunday for Tim. If he's not going, we could do the 1st, and maybe Sean would want to go?

As long as its not the vacation dates, I am down.  Should we start setting a firm date?

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »

our little group met up with them at WWS. BBQ some food had some drink. Somewhere at Mile's camp I lost my Yeti Coozy. Damn it, now I have to make a separate trip up there to find it. Followed Dieck and his group out back to their camp. One of out guys was a bit retarded and broke a brake line so we had to do a trial repair on that. Same fool later slid into the guard rail by UTC and sliced a sidewall.

Got to BS with Daniel and Chris as they came back from Ellis

I do need to replace the rear axle seals, both are leaking but the fluid looks good. All in all, it was a good day. Hopefully I will put together another run next month.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2020, 04:00:59 PM »

Looks like a great time.......

Ok, let's do this on Feb. 2nd. I just chatted with Tim and he's going. I'll have the Super Bowl on DVR, so I can watch it when I get home.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2020, 05:33:38 PM »

Ok, let's do this on Feb. 2nd. I just chatted with Tim and he's going. I'll have the Super Bowl on DVR, so I can watch it when I get home.

Any option for the 1st? Just wondering how many would actually go on SB Sunday?

How many going?

1) Mr B
2) Tim
3) Jason
4) Lee (Jason Buddy)

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2020, 05:36:26 PM »

Unfortunately that looks like it right now. Dan is on all for work that weekend. And Kim told me she can't make it.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »

Unfortunately that looks like it right now. Dan is on all for work that weekend. And Kim told me she can't make it.

Might want to choose a different date?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

I'm ok with it. Kim is having newbie issues, and Dan only gets one weekend a month off. He has next weekend off, but that's the Winter Fun Fest weekend, and that will be a circus. Hopefully the road will be empty.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »

Well the weather underground calendar shows the 2nd as clear and warm. But they only predict that far out for the airport.

https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/ca/sacramento/KSMF/date/2020-2

Last year we met up at:

Gold Flat Express Lube & Car Wash
421 Hollow Way, Nevada City, CA 95959

Which also has a Port-O-Subs in the station. And they make some good sandwiches.

I think we need to get going early, because it's only light for so long these days. I think I could be there by about 9am. What does everyone else think?

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »

Well the weather underground calendar shows the 2nd as clear and warm. But they only predict that far out for the airport.

https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/ca/sacramento/KSMF/date/2020-2

Last year we met up at:

Gold Flat Express Lube & Car Wash
421 Hollow Way, Nevada City, CA 95959

Which also has a Port-O-Subs in the station. And they make some good sandwiches.

I think we need to get going early, because it's only light for so long these days. I think I could be there by about 9am. What does everyone else think?

What is the confirmed date then?

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »

What is the confirmed date then?

Feb. 2nd. As of now. Weather may be a factor.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2020, 07:37:47 PM »

Any option for the 1st? Just wondering how many would actually go on SB Sunday?

How many going?

1) Mr B
2) Tim
3) Jason
4) Lee (Jason Buddy)

Still just the above attending?

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »

I work on Sunday plus I have some maint. stuff I have to do to the jeep and don't think I would have the time to get it done before then.

Mr.B

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2020, 01:58:23 PM »

What about Richard?

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2020, 08:22:06 PM »

Who's Richard?

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2020, 08:12:49 AM »

All packed for camping in the snow....

I want to know how much of this was left over!   :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

How did the LJ do??   :dunno: :jeep:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2020, 10:02:45 AM »

I think Robert may be interested.  I sent him a text this morning so we'll see.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5