Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Trailhead Deflators  (Read 1044 times)

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
Trailhead Deflators
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:21 AM »

I just wanted to give a shout-out for Trailhead Deflators. Many of us have been using them for years. Myself, over twenty years of reliable airing down. I finally had one stick in the cold weather. I contacted the company for a rebuild kit. I would not even expect to make a claim on their warranty after all these years. The company owner Jim Everett said "no problem, send them to me". WOW, that deserves an 'atta-boy and recommendation for their wonderful product and fantastic service.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:05:13 PM by Screaming Bear »
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Trailhead Deflators
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »

Wow! that's cool, because I have one that's been occasionally sticking on me. I'll have to give them a call.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 02:01:07 PM »

Wow! that's cool, because I have one that's been occasionally sticking on me. I'll have to give them a call.
Sometimes they will not start to deflate if you already are at low pressure. Usually a tap on it gets them going. If they don't shut off, that's a different story. Hope this thread doesn't set off a rash of warranty claims. This is not the original owner of the company as when we purchased these 20 years ago. Nice guy, I was trying to drum up new sales  :usa:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »

I know they won't start unless you have at least 20# in the tire. This one won't stop when it reaches the designated pressure.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein