Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spring Meet and Greet  (Read 1369 times)

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
Re: Spring Meet and Greet
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »

I missed that  :cheers:

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 09:44:31 AM »

I was thinking it would be nice to take up on bigsquat's offer of his 5 acres, but now after hearing what happened some fellow Jeepers recently, I'm almost afraid to go anywhere. 

I just heard about a couple that went up to Sourgrass, but it of course was closed but they went ahead and walked down to the river. When they got back the Sheriff was there and gave them a ticket for not being locals. I guess it was a 500 dollar fine. Yikes!!

The funny thing is, it's ok to drive to a golf course and go golfing with friends but it isn't ok to drive to a fire road or trail and go 4 wheeling or just for a light drive in the forest. I know someone that is driving from Turlock to Rancho Cordova to go golfing. Rediculous.

Golf is ok because that's what the prick Gov. officials do for their fun. Screw the rest of us, they don't give a damn.

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »

Golf is ok because that's what the prick Gov. officials do for their fun. Screw the rest of us, they don't give a damn.

Yah, I was thinking it was because Trump is a golfer too.

I just don't think that they should allow that but not allow other sport activities. Basketball can be a touches sport too. I know it can get pretty touchy, but people can limit that if they really wanted to. Baseball is another one that one could play without touching. Anyway, I don't do any of those, but I just think it is ridiculous to allow one but not the others.

I am curious though, did they buy more golf carts to abide by the 6 foot rule? A group of people wouldn't be able to ride in one cart.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »

Not to get too sidetracked here, but the whole thing is ridiculous.  I'm sure "social distancing" is helping reduce the spread but when ABC creates new regulations so that bars can serve to go drinks "essential" is taking on a whole new meaning.  Just let us live our lives and push personal safety.  There's zero reason people shouldn't be able to use public lands.

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2020, 05:10:58 PM »

Not to get too sidetracked here, but the whole thing is ridiculous.  I'm sure "social distancing" is helping reduce the spread but when ABC creates new regulations so that bars can serve to go drinks "essential" is taking on a whole new meaning.  Just let us live our lives and push personal safety.  There's zero reason people shouldn't be able to use public lands.

We need a like button on this forum. :D I agree with you.

Anyway, once this crap is all over, I'm up for a meet up somewhere. :D

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

There's zero reason people shouldn't be able to use public lands.

Well, since they (gub'ment) seem to be MORE about restrictions/fines lately, and b/c I'm a really honest citizen who never likes to ruffle feathers and since we finally had some nicer weather last week, . I did the best thing I could think of... hooked up our trailer and the wifey and I went up to some BLM land we know about in the foothills and camped for a couple days!!  :rofl:

I was really nice btw. Right along a river. Wish I knew how to post pics. The golden poppies were in a super bloom in this area! Freaking gorgeous!!!  :2thumbsup:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

bigsquat

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »

i was thinking about staying in my trailer and pretend im camping. at least everything is green right now. the downside is a cherokee on blocks right in front of the awning. i use to know how to do pics but i forgot

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »

yEP, This isn't the easiest forum to post pics...

Baseball basket ball, not a good social distancing sport.... how will one sanitize the ball?  I am sure some one will make that an issue

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 09:37:03 AM »

If you want to go camping just do it. If someone bothers you about it just tell them you are transient; can't bother or move the transients from any public land, Supreme Court already made that ruling.  :flipoff:

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

Yep, "so sorry, but I'm homeless and have nowhere else to go"

KimsJeep

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »

yEP, This isn't the easiest forum to post pics...

Baseball basket ball, not a good social distancing sport.... how will one sanitize the ball?  I am sure some one will make that an issue

LOL, didn't think about the ball. Ok, everyone has to wear gloves and once they are on can't touch anything but the ball. LOL

Day215

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 09:36:15 PM »

Its all fucked!
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »

Mr B.... Keep it alive  :thumbsup:

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2020, 11:02:40 PM »

Zoom!!!
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »

So do we think we can still have a meat and great? I feel it would be good to get together and discuss Julys trip.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »

So do we think we can still have a meat and great? I feel it would be good to get together and discuss Julys trip.

I think it would be nice to, I just don't know when or where.  Some places are opening back up for dine in etc, but I think they're still limiting numbers.  Maybe someone will volunteer their location and BBQ?

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2020, 09:48:44 PM »

Yeah, we need to hear more on the July plan. My nephew Jason and I are planning to drive thru. Tim, Sean and I think two others wanted to go.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:07 AM »

July 16-19 was the last dates on that thread.  The following week is Jeepers Jamboree and the Jeep Jamboree the week after.  Two weeks prior is the 4th, so it really only leave 9-12 or 16-19.

I have to take the Sunday off and work the 15th.  Sean and I are both off the 8th but would still have to take the Sunday off. So, 9-12 works better for me but I can make the other work as well.  Either way, I think we plan to spend a night at WWS then head through coming out on Sunday.

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 05:54:41 PM »

9-12 works for me as well.

Day215

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 11:44:21 PM »

Regrettably, this will be the first trip Ill miss, since they started. Scheduled for surgery on 7/6, so Ill be down for a few weeks. Im bummed
92 Toyota minitruck Front Dana 60 4.88s, Lincoln locked, drive slugs blah blah blah. Rear Dana 70 4.88s, Lincoln locked, 63 chevys. W56 5speed, 2.28 duals, 22re. 39.5s and other stuff. Bobbed, exod, cut up etc. I used to wheel a YJ, then I defected. Now no one talks to me anymore.....cant completly blame that on the switch though.

I'm out of the club. Stay away from my wiener.
Pages: 1 [2] 3