Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip  (Read 3337 times)

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
Re: 9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »

Iím in all the way through

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »

Just waiting for my rock sliders to be delivered

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »

Will anyone have a grill on this trip at WWS Wed or on the trail? I will likely have my son Chris riding with me so the little Barbie Jeep will be loaded to the gills. Probably heat something on the manifold Thurs, not sure what we will eat Fri night. Breakfast will be easy and cold sandwiches for lunches. How many are going thru at this point? I think there were three or so not driving thru.
Tim/son
Sean/daughter
Doug/son
Dieck/...
-Randy-
Dan?
Capt 86cj?
dukcaln?

Doesn't look like I'm gonna make this time around.  :'(  Just too much of everything going on. Give my best to Alex in my absence.

Maybe we'll get together for Moab in Sept??  Who knows? They keep changing the rules.  :thumbsdown:
I don't even know if they will open our local trails??? The NFS still has all the campgrounds closed!  :shaking:

Anywho, you guys have fun and hopefully no carnage!   :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »

Doesn't look like I'm gonna make this time around.  :'(  Just too much of everything going on. ....

Sorry to hear that Randy. Hope Debbie is healing up. Wish her well for us.  :high5:
Need an elbow bump emoji  :shaking:
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2020, 02:59:46 AM »

We'll catch you next time Randy.  I'm out for Sept. can't afford to go twice in 6 mos, hope all will be back somewhat normal by next may.

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
9th Annual NorCal Jeepers Rubicon Trip
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2020, 10:34:30 AM »

So my rock sliders got lost in shipping, I wonít have Those for the trip. My question is should I remove the step tube thatís on there, or leave them on as curb feelers?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:29:05 PM by CJ-5 Renegade »

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »

The step doesnít hang any lower then the frame

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2020, 01:33:54 PM »

The step doesnít hang any lower then the frame
Wow, I thought you were taking the Renegade through. Actually glad you aren't risking damage on that Jeep. As far as that step, if it's removable I would get it off of the slider. You will likely drag it at some point. Not saying you will destroy it but it would be low when leaning.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, D30/44, 4.27:1 Gears = 74:1 Yukon Front Axles and Hubs, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 8K winch, HD steering, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top, Heater, CB/Ham/Stereo, 35"KM-2's, ~3" up, Rubicon Express YJ springs on the rear

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »

Step and tube are all one. As far as the CJ5, last I heard , it is sitting in a classic car showroom floor on display in Lincoln. The hole thing is just a running board step for the most part.

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2020, 03:32:47 PM »

Step and tube are all one. As far as the CJ5, last I heard , it is sitting in a classic car showroom floor on display in Lincoln. The hole thing is just a running board step for the most part.
In that case I'd leave the whole thing on rather than hit the body.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2020, 03:41:01 PM »

That was my thinking as well but needed some expert advice. Iím hoping 4Ē of lift on 35ís will give me enough clearance.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2020, 08:17:19 PM »

So those are coming off once you get sliders?  If so I'd leave them for this trip.

Also we were talking about food etc and were wondering if anyone wanted to go in on a meal.  We were thinking 3 dinners (Wed, Thurs and Fri) and a breakfast on Fri.  Between me, Sean and Jake we can get three of the four but need the fourth if we wanna do that....

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2020, 09:09:54 PM »

Iím always willing to go in on dinners, just let me know what you need. I also might have a ride along, but not confirmed yet

The Bear Whisperer

• aka - Screaming "Bear"
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »

So those are coming off once you get sliders?  If so I'd leave them for this trip.

Also we were talking about food etc and were wondering if anyone wanted to go in on a meal.  We were thinking 3 dinners (Wed, Thurs and Fri) and a breakfast on Fri.  Between me, Sean and Jake we can get three of the four but need the fourth if we wanna do that....
I appreciate the offer Tim but when it comes to food my imagination sucks. I think Chris and I will be keeping it simple. No ideas yet, maybe Stromboli heated on the engine Thursday night. If that qualifies as a dinner, Grace could make a bunch of them. IDK

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »

Talked to Dan prior to him going on his trip this weekend, he said he'll do a tri-tip.  Still not sure what Jake is doing, Sean was doing chicken and brats one night.  I'll do breakfast burritos Friday morning and I'll bring a tub of either potato or pasta salad to go with one of the dinners.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »

Sorry I little late to this one too, with the covid stuff the hospital has been keeping me pretty busy....   What are the conformed dates?

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »

looks like the 8-1th

Getting time off will be tricky with the ramp up with covid cases, but if these are the conformed dates then I will try. I would say my chances are 50/50 at this point.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »

Sounds good.  Three of us will be leaving Grass Valley at about 9 am Wednesday morning.  We'll go through Cool to Georgetown and top off with fuel and any other needed supplies.  Don't know if we're meeting up with anyone there or not but we'll leave there and on to Wentworth Springs Campground for the first night.

CJ-5 Renegade

• Supporting Member
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »

Does that put you at Georgetown about 10 oíclock
If not let me know what time you plan on being in Georgetown Iíll meet you there

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2020, 07:49:10 AM »

Ya Dan, that will put us in Georgetown around 10am. We were thinking of going in a Loon and wheeling around to Wentworth. We did that last year and it makes for a fun first day. You havent gone that way yet, it'd be good for ya. Plus it's a good way for you to learn your new rig.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6