Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Seat mounting (front)  (Read 199 times)

Ripper

Seat mounting (front)
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:51:42 PM »

My floor pan is not rusted but is stress cracking under the seat on the driver side, does anyone know of a whole new way to mount the front seats in a yj? Head rest is leaning toward the door.😟

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: Seat mounting (front)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:24:48 AM »

The only way I'd know would be to replace that section of the floor.  Or do a full cage running under the seats and mount them there.

Mase58

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 02:36:08 AM »

When I built my CJ I cut 4"x4" squares out of 3/16 plate and welded them to the floor at each mounting hole and drilled through. I believe there is a picture of them on the build thread.

Ripper

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:23 PM »

I sure would like to get a look at someone's jeep who has a roll cage designed seat support.

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 09:18:29 PM »

My floor pan is not rusted but is stress cracking under the seat on the driver side, does anyone know of a whole new way to mount the front seats in a yj? Head rest is leaning toward the door.😟
If it's just stress cracked, you could just weld it. I have 94 Chevy  Caviler seats in my 94 Jeep, and they are awesome.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein