Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: '93 YJ  (Read 851 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
'93 YJ
« on: May 28, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »

I talked with Alex last night and he needs to sell Ben's YJ.  I gave him a price I thought he should ask but I'd be interested in knowing what others here think it would be worth.  I'll give the specs that I know.

'93 YJ S
  • good running 2.5L with a relatively newly rebuilt AX-5
  • 4.88 gears - D30 with an Aussie and 8.8 with an ARB, Riddler covers on both
  • Tera-Low in the 231 t-case
  • Mile Marker 8k winch
  • Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks up front and Rancho 5000 in the rear
  • Smittybilt rocker gaurds
  • Warn gas tank skid
  • Warn rear bumper and tire carrier
  • 35" BGF KM? on aluminum wheels

There are probably other things I can't think of at the moment.  Any of us who ever wheeled with Ben know he wasn't one to beat his Jeep.  If anyone has an idea on selling price, let me know.  I think the price I gave Alex is fair (I'm not looking to buy it) but I don't want him to ask too little and get short changed and the flip side don't want him to ask too much and not be able to sell it.  I told him what I felt was the high value end and what I'd be willing to sell it for if it were mine.

Also if anyone is interested or knows someone interested let me know.  Alex can't sell it just yet as he's waiting on the death certificate still and COVID has that slowed down.  It's currently at Ben's place in the garage but may be moving up to my place because Alex is moving and has nowhere to park it.

Thanks guys.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
Re: '93 YJ
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:49:46 PM »

I started at around 9K and ended up and 7.2K.  Not much interest back then and you always get the lowballers!  :shaking:

Check the local craigslist and see what's in the area and average prices. Good luck.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:21:38 PM »

Yeah but with the 4 banger I can't see him getting 7, not when TJ's with the 4 are going for 7 to 7.5.

dukcaln

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »

I'm a little late tot he party but I would say $5800-$6200 ish..... to the right buyer.....  I bet most offers with be between $5000 and $5500

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 03:03:16 PM »

I'm a little late tot he party but I would say $5800-$6200 ish..... to the right buyer.....  I bet most offers with be between $5000 and $5500

That's what I told him as well.  My suggestion was to list it at $6,800 and go as low as $5,000.  My mom sold her '97 TJ with the 4 banger, on a 3" lift with 33's for $7K, I just don't see a similar YJ bringing that much.

RockWoRM

• LJ's do it longer
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 09:44:14 AM »

Just wondering if he ever sold the YJ? If not, I can ask around here.
'05 LJR, 4.0, HT, AC, 6sp, 5.13 D44's, Alloy shafts, RC long arm w/6" MC dual rate coils, All MC armor, Warn 9.5, OEM front bumper, Rockhard rear swing out, ProComp bolt in int. cage. CB

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 11:39:30 PM »

Just wondering if he ever sold the YJ? If not, I can ask around here.

No he didn't.  I don't think he put much effort into selling it with everything else going on.  Spoke with him today on the phone and he's going to keep it.  He unfortunately has to be out of the house he and Ben were in by the end of the month and he has nowhere to put it.  He's going to keep it at my place for the time being.  So I suppose this is officially no longer a for sale thread.