Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Trailers for Towing ze Jeep  (Read 718 times)

tearin_updirt

Trailers for Towing ze Jeep
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »

I have been looking at getting a trailer to tow my jeep. I was just curious on what type of trailers you guys personally have or had, any good name brands to look for or bad brands to avoid, what width, length, and type of trailer you ended up with? I was thinking something with dual 7k axles at least 7ft wide and 14 to 16ft long. I know people have issues with driving over inner fenders so possibly finding a trailer that is a deck over or just building proper inner fenders out 2" 1/4 wall square tubing and slapping some plate over it to actually take the weight if the jeep.

Any help or insight is vastly appreciated.
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: Trailers for Towing ze Jeep
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:01:15 AM »

I'd just get a basic car hauler with an 83" wide deck.  I don't need to drive over the fenders on mine even on full widths (but I run 4.75" backspaced wheels).  I'd get at least an 18', the jeep is about 14' bumper to bumper so the shorter you go the harder it's going to be to get the trailer weighted right.

tearin_updirt

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »

I'd just get a basic car hauler with an 83" wide deck.  I don't need to drive over the fenders on mine even on full widths (but I run 4.75" backspaced wheels).  I'd get at least an 18', the jeep is about 14' bumper to bumper so the shorter you go the harder it's going to be to get the trailer weighted right.

Awesome thanks for the advice tim!
98 TJ aka Little Mudder
4.88 and Locked

pdangerp

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »

Id also add that 2x 7K axles is a lot of trailer. Unless you also wanted to tow a skid steer or other small construction equipment, you can go lighter.

My trailer has 2x 5k axles and that capacity maxes out my 3/4 ton Ram 6.4.