Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Seat heaters  (Read 3379 times)

pdangerp

Seat heaters
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »

Im thinking of putting seat heaters in the tj. It gets cold early in the morning with no doors. I was looking at corbeau. What have you heard?

pdangerp

Re: Seat heaters
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:09 AM »

Here is a link to the corbeau seat heaters. I like the idea that you can cut them to fit any seat, they have 2 temperature settings, and they come with the wiring harnesses.
http://www.corbeau.com/products/seat_heaters/seat_heaters/

Does anybody know how many amps they draw at full power? I will probably be installing a remote fuse block to power these. I have it already and have been too lazy to put it in. THis will involve some new power cables off the battery and a circuit breaker and stuff. It might end up being its own thread.

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:02:06 AM by Agent620 »
I wish I was more responsible.
Spite is a wonderful thing!
Friends don't let friends get anally raped in the woods.

pdangerp

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »

I agree that with the top on and the full doors it's no problem. The problem comes when I'm leaving San Jose at 5 in the morning to meet everyone in Jackson and I choose to run a bikini top and no doors. The heater isn't really effective on the highway with no doors.

connor0770

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »

I agree that with the top on and the full doors it's no problem. The problem comes when I'm leaving San Jose at 5 in the morning to meet everyone in Jackson and I choose to run a bikini top and no doors. The heater isn't really effective on the highway with no doors.

man up and throw an extra jacket on! :flipoff:
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »

man up and throw an extra jacket on! :flipoff:
Or two?  :flipoff:

pdangerp

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »

It's not just me. Sometimes I have passengers who are not used to the idea of no doors on the freeway.

connor0770

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »

It's not just me. Sometimes I have passengers who are not used to the idea of no doors on the freeway.

tell Sara to man up! :flipoff:
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

pdangerp

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »

LOL, I was referring to people who don't own Jeeps and would never think of not having doors.

connor0770

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »

LOL, I was referring to people who don't own Jeeps and would never think of not having doors.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937482  not getting the best reviews.

pdangerp

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

I just want the seat heaters, not the seats. That thread doesn't talk about the seat heaters at all. Did you look at my link?

connor0770

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

I just want the seat heaters, not the seats. That thread doesn't talk about the seat heaters at all. Did you look at my link?

my bad, i thought you were gonna get the seats, then get their seat heaters.

pdangerp

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

Update: the seat heater is installed (without a relay, so temporary install) on the driver's seat. I drove around today with it and it's awesome. The back heats up really quickly, and the bottom is pretty warm too. I need to tap the number 18 fuse in the fuse panel so I can get a key on source for my relay, but it will wait a little while. The install was easy. The bottom is a little big for the TJ seat, but I was able to make it fit without much cutting. The back fit perfectly. Removing the seat was easy. Disassembling it was not hard, but it was a pain to reapply the fabric through the "pig clips". There are "pig clips" or rings and they interact with steel rods that thread the fabric on. It's actually a pretty nifty system.

I will probably buy the passenger side sometime next year.

Agent620

• Rescue Red
  • Red 5 Standing By
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »

I will probably buy the passenger side sometime next year.
I thought this was for the passengers who didn't like no doors? :rofl:

pdangerp

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »

I wanted to test it on myself first to make sure it was safe.