Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Winch Thimble  (Read 1315 times)

connor0770

Winch Thimble
« on: December 24, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

I want to pick up a thimble for my winch rope before the Rubicon trip. Anybody know a place local (back in CA) that sells them pretty cheap? 4WP has em, but want to see if anybody else does.

This is what im talking about:
http://www.toughstuffproducts.com/jeep/winch_safety_thimble.html
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

pdangerp

Re: Winch Thimble
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:50:09 AM »

You will have to re-weave the rope into itself if you get one of those. Good luck doing that the first time. I think Arabia's has them. I can ask when I go in tomorrow and if he has one I'll pick it up for you (I'll call first).

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 04:17:06 PM »

I ordered mine, forget from where though.  Putting it on is super easy, follow the instructions that come with it and you'll have no problems.

connor0770

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »

Ok. Cause I don't have a hook. Pat let me know, if not i guess I'll get it from 4wp.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders