Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk is still having problems starting new threads, but you can still reply to old threads

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Recommend me a Car Stereo  (Read 5827 times)

timatoe

• Administrator
Re: Recommend me a Car Stereo
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »

BTW, I only recommended the bazooka tube, because you asked about bass and didn't seem to be leaning toward a box etc...

connor0770

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »

BTW, I only recommended the bazooka tube, because you asked about bass and didn't seem to be leaning toward a box etc...
I really don't want a box at all. Ok here's my biggest question. If I get good mid speakers, and figure out I want more bass, would I need to get higher pitch speakers? After this no more questions haha
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

bdock

• Jeeps Are Gay.
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »

Nope.
Connor is a queer

OBX-resQ

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »

I have run mostly MARINE head units in my Jeeps. They seem to hold up better due to weather with moisture. Also MARINE head unit CD players are suspended hence less skipping with the harsh ride of a Jeep.
Currently running a SONY CDX-M501P head unit, Rockford Fozgate Marine 1000W amp, dual Rockford Fozgate 10" subs  Pioneer dual cones overhead and in Dash, Rockford Fozgate Tweeters on the windshield frame 

However Connor to answer your question of most bass with out a box..few suggestions...

On bazooka tubes they do put out bass but can be temperamental at times. you can get vibration sounds if not mounted tightly and correctly. Also tuning them can be even harder, meaning some song will sound GREAT while others sound like crap.   

On mid-range speakers stay away from the 6x9's you may want to go with a round speaker with a detached tweeter coaxes.  6x9's sound good in a closed in vehicle, however sound richness is better from a round speaker and has less distortion, also works better with an open vehicle. Round speakers can deliver more BASS since a round speaker has no resistance from the shape as a 6x9 does.

Even if you add a small 40W amp to your biggest speakers you will notice an improvement on bass sounds. ((esp. if you bridge them) 
When was the last time Toyota won a war???

connor0770

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »

Thanks Steve!! I was looking into an alpine headunit because they have this thing called the power pack. Its basically an amp you can add on to the headunit down the road. Since I don't have much money to dump into this little project I may go that route.. Not looking for a ton of bass. Just enough to somewhat complete the sound.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

OBX-resQ

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

If I am not mistaken the alpine power pack is like a 40watt amp.  It's a good little add on!
When was the last time Toyota won a war???
Pages: 1 [2]