Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: aftermarket fuse panel  (Read 1503 times)

typeone

aftermarket fuse panel
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »

hey i was wondering if anyone knows of any nice aftermarket fuse panels i was also thinking about a switch cluster pod and or panel for my lights locker etc ?? any suggestions i have found a few but just not too impressed with alot of this stuff being made in china and super cheap looking

pdangerp

Re: aftermarket fuse panel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »

I used a blue sea panel from west marine. I bought the big one, but they sell a six circuit one. I had it mounted on a plate with a bunch of relays. It has a negative bus and is rated for a lot of amps.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »

I think the Blue Sea ones that you can pick up over at West Marine are some of the nicer ones out there... http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=17243&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50523&subdeptNum=50549&classNum=50554

I've got a cheapy one that I got from Foothill Offroad for like $12.

I've also heard of some guys pulling the PDC's from Neon's and the such so they can have the relay mounts too.  I've thought about doing this but haven't ever got to it.

EDIT: HaHa, I guess you beat me to it.

pdangerp

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

yomondo

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »

I use sPOD. Expensive, but very nice.

Screaming Bear

• Supporting Member
  • "the Bear Whisperer"
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:09 AM »

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Fuse-Blocks/?keyword=fuse+block&kr=fuse+block
I would go with weatherproof Painless 70207, but there are plenty to choose from at Summit Racing.
51 CJ3-A, 4.3 TBI Chevy, SM420, Dana 18TC, 30/44 Full Floaters, Yukon Front Axle and Hubs, rear drive flanges, Detroit Fr / E-Locker Rr, 4.27:1 Gears, 74:1, HD steering / 4 wheel disk brakes, Viair 550C, 100% LED - VisionX headlights, Rigid Light-bar, DOT Fogs, Grote tail, Soft Top and Heater, 35"KM-2's, 3" up, no articulation - it works

cpahtmike101

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

check out 24voltguy he makes some cool setups for switches.

I read nothing but good things about his product and service on pirate.

http://www.12voltguy.com/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:20:23 PM by cpahtmike101 »
To be the best you got to beat the best. You my friend can never beat me.