Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Author Topic: Buying Tires in Sac, where do you guys go  (Read 2186 times)

JeffC

Buying Tires in Sac, where do you guys go
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

I am looking for some new tires for the jeep. What is the best local place to purchase them? I am in the Sac, Elk Grove area

Sccafire

Re: Buying Tires in Sac, where do you guys go
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

I bought mine at Discount/American Tires. I wanted the lifetime rotate and balance. I take it in everytime the wheel weights either move or fall off due to 4wheeling.
Scott

bdock

• Jeeps Are Gay.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »

Not in Elk Grove but Radial Tires in West Sac is a stand up group of guys. Deal with them almost daily for work. Talk to Kirby.

Other then that I use Americas Tire.
Connor is a queer

norcal_chris

• always down to wheel
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »

My buddy John is the manager OK tire on auburn and myrtle.  Cool dude and i would go see him.   I know a bunch have gone through him for tires.  I know the Goldenstate motorsports dudes did.  He drives a Blazer on 38s
Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

connor0770

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

I bought mine at Discount/American Tires. I wanted the lifetime rotate and balance. I take it in everytime the wheel weights either move or fall off due to 4wheeling.

This is what I did on the XJ and have on the TJ. I think it's worth it and have never had a problem once with customer service.
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »

Wow, it's almost unanimous so far. I go to America's Tire too. Their customer service is excellent. 
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »

I went to America's Tire for the current set.

OBX-resQ

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »

My Son in law is an assist manger at Americas Tire here in Elk Grove..tell Brad I sent you. He gave Tim a good deal as well
When was the last time Toyota won a war???

Schonertod

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »

i got my falkin wild peaks from fulton tires. its one of those small time tire shops on CL but they were cool. I paid 600 otd
Beauty in death comes but once in a life time...

JeffC

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »

I ordered some tires from Elk Grove America's Tire. I think total price is around 1050 for 33 x 1050x 15 BFG KM2.
I just put $100.00 deposit down on Thursday, now I just have to wait till they get in.

Thanks for the recommendations
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:49:45 AM by JeffC »

connor0770

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »

You will love the KM2s. I have been more then pleased with mine! Only problem is they tend to run small
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders