Norcal Jeepers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Well that was a fun 40 hours. Thank you Godaddy. We're back up and running, but in the next 30 days there will some scheduled down time.

Welcome to Norcal Jeepers!
Welcome to Norcal Jeepers! It looks like you're not registered yet. As a guest you are missing out on a bunch of great content that is only viewable once you register. To register, simply follow the link below and fill out some information about yourself. It only takes a few minutes!

Click here to register now!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible rock lights or interior lights.  (Read 6187 times)

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
Re: Possible rock lights or interior lights.
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »

Not sure why you have but my yj has a square cut out under the dash that had a little bulb in it, never knew it was there till I took it apart. Anyways I replaced it with a 1 inch section on the LEDs and now that it works, it's on all the time ( even when driving) and is kinda annoying. If they wired it into the door switch, would be better IMO

I don't know if you know about it, but the dashboard dimmer dial will turn on the indoor lights on, if pushed all the way.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

connor0770

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:42 PM »

Not sure why you have but my yj has a square cut out under the dash that had a little bulb in it, never knew it was there till I took it apart. Anyways I replaced it with a 1 inch section on the LEDs and now that it works, it's on all the time ( even when driving) and is kinda annoying. If they wired it into the door switch, would be better IMO

I don't know if you know about it, but the dashboard dimmer dial will turn on the indoor lights on, if pushed all the way.

pretty sure every jeep owner knows that
-97 TJ, 35's, Currie 4" lift, Dana 30 w/ ARB, 8.8, Trail Gear Front Bumper With w/ XRC8, LOD Tire Carrier, UCF Tummy Tuck, Smittybuilt Corners, Poison Spider Sliders

Mr.B

• "But officer, it was a Subaru!"
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »

You'd be surprised.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

You're a super genius....
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Squarelight94

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »

Yes I know about it haha. I'm talkin about on the right side. Underneath the gauge, the picture isn't mine but thats the spot I'm talking about. Looks like a stock item (doesn't look like a PO mod) the light stays on all the time regardless of dimmer switch or head light switch.

Anticanman

• Sprung Under for Her Pleasure
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »

LEDs will not always respond to changes in voltage to dim sometimes. Since such little current is needed to make them work its tough to get them to sync up with the dimmin process. The superbrightleds have a dimming feature but will not be in phase with the incandescent bulbs so I suggest replacing them all if doing the dash.
Asian in stock JKU initiated wave... be jealous fool
I said screw it. I'm going for the tranny tonight.

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

Yes I know about it haha. I'm talkin about on the right side. Underneath the gauge, the picture isn't mine but thats the spot I'm talking about. Looks like a stock item (doesn't look like a PO mod) the light stays on all the time regardless of dimmer switch or head light switch.

That hole is there on all YJ's....

If the light's staying on all the time, something's wired wrong.  That light should only come on when the headlights are on.

autumnxtoxsehsa

• Supporting Member
Possible rock lights or interior lights.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »

A bit off topic but what did you use to make that plate where the switches are mounted too? My yj has a hole there with no switch or plate and I'd like to mount my arb switches there but haven't found any replacement panels

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »

A bit off topic but what did you use to make that plate where the switches are mounted too? My yj has a hole there with no switch or plate and I'd like to mount my arb switches there but haven't found any replacement panels

You don't need a plate to mount the ARB switches, just pull whatever is over the holes currently.  But, I used a small piece of sheetmetal, when I had it that way.  Here's how it looks now..... Mine had some residual glue and shit on it from the metal piece.

Tru_Fab_Built

Possible rock lights or interior lights.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »

Those look like good interior lights.  What Would you part with 3-4 of them for?

pdangerp

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 11:53:35 AM »

4 for $15 and I will include the little plugs and wires that go with them.

Tru_Fab_Built

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »

Il take em.  Pm sent

timatoe

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 04:36:16 PM »

I'd take four as well if you've got them to spare.

pdangerp

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »

Probably. Let me dig them out of my garage and I will get back to you both.
Pages: 1 [2]